Pages

Friday, November 2, 2012

Embroidery from A to Z, come stitch with me!

I have been working on the In a Little Teacup embroidery collection for exactly four month and I have just finished the last letter to complete the alphabet. This has been one of my all-time favorite projects to work on. I have not embroidered since I was a teen, so this has been an enjoyable craft to revisit, and it is quickly becoming a nightly routine. 
Now it is time to make these designs available to you as individual embroidery patterns. They will be available in my Sheri’s Creations shop on Etsy by early next week. I hope you will visit the shop to view each of these individual patterns as well as the other In a Little Teacup products that coordinate with this set. I am also planning to make available personalized prints and baby announcements with this theme, so keep watching the shop to see what is new each week.
These patterns are fun and easy to embroider. The designs fit into an eight inch hoop, and as you see, they can be left in the hoop for wall hangings. I have chosen to dye my embroidery hoops and will share a “how to” on this in a future blog posting. 
These would be darling for a baby or child’s room in sets of initials, or even the child’s name spelled out, displayed above a crib or cozy reading area. This set would also make a lovely keepsake quilt. Oh, and there isn’t a tea towel out there that wouldn’t cute up a kitchen more with a few of these charming teacup animals stitched onto it.
The patterns will come with stitching instructions, a color guide (although you might like to color coordinate for your specific style), transferring instructions, as well as the designs with and without the letter in the teacup (for those who like the animal, but do no want alphabet letters). 
I now plan to create many more of my designs into embroidery patterns so if these little animals are your cup of tea, wait a few more weeks and you might find just the designs you are looking for to embroider into your own creative needlework. In fact I would welcome ideas and interests you have for future embroidery patterns based on the many collections I have created.
You might be interested to see the color guide I used for these teacup patterns, in case you want to have the threads on hand. These are all DMC embroidery flosses.
Here is a snapshot of a little girl’s room with a wall hanging of embroidered cat in dyed hoop, and alphabet cards lining the room.

I will post again as soon as I have these embroidery patterns on my Etsy shop, so you will know when and where to get the downloadable files. (To see the other products already available in my shop go here.) In the meantime have those hoops and colorful flosses ready to come stitch with me from A to Z!

3 comments:

Brooke said...

oh my goodness!!! I guess I might have to see if I can do this....it has been years!

barbgep said...

I love these, Sheri. It's nice to see them all finished!

Bits of Stitching! said...

(Just found your blog googling for your name on your Etsy shop.)
Your items are beautiful and these patterns are Sooo Cute!!!!
I'll be on the look out for sure :-).