Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Rainy Days & Sun Days

I love sunny days and I also love rainy days, but these days I’m wishing for a few more days of rain. Well, since I can’t force the rain to come, I’ve decided to bring it in the form of art. At least I can envision it, and now you can too when you take a look at Rainy Days and Sun Days, a little collection of happy thought for those who love the sunshine or the rain, and for all of you who are happy to have a little bit of both.
When I was about six or seven my dad made a short (film) of me playing in the rain puddles left from a summer storm. We still have that mini movie somewhere in the family archives and named Sheri Puddles by my filmmaker-dad. If I can convert it from 8mm to iMovie I will share the short one day. The main image, above, in this collection reminds me of that summer day when I was enjoying everything about rainy days and sun day.
Here are a few of the other designs in the collection. This image, above, reminds me of the early days of video games. While I wasn’t much of a gamer, I was a fan of Pac-Man, the only video game I’ve ever played, but it must have had a bit of an influence on my creative side.
Are they butterflies? Yes! Are they umbrellas? Yes!. Two, two, two designs in one!
Who doesn’t remember their first childhood songs and sayings? Who doesn’t get a song stuck in their head and re-sing it every two minutes for the next four days? Well, there are a lot of memorable phrases about rainy days or sunshine, and I searched my memory for a few of my faves. Take a look and see if you can’t remember any of these.

So, if you are living in an area, like I am, where the rain won’t come and the sun won’t go, just put these happy thought and images in your mind to cool you off until the days start to change.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sheri, this is a neat collection---I'd love to see "Sheri Puddles" up on your blog! By the way, we had about a quarter inch of rain last night. It was wonderful.
bargbep

barbgep said...

Sheri, this is a neat collection---I'd love to see "Sheri Puddles" up on your blog! By the way, we had about a quarter inch of rain last night. It was wonderful.