Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Simply Charming


When something is precious it seems to be all the more precious if it is teeny tiny. And so it is with the charming set of characters from the My Deer, My Darling collection. Just make them itty-bitty, put them on a charm bracelet and see how adorable they become.


I created with the wonder product, Shrinky Dinks when I was a kid and thought it was wonderful. So, when I recently learned that they now have a plastic that can be printed on with ink, that’s all I needed to know and suddenly everything I get my hands on is being shrinky dinked. What a fabulous invention. I love, love, love it! So, I took my little creatures, miniaturized them, and strung them together for some little charming bracelets.


These bracelets remind me of a 1950’s baby bracelet, given at a baby’s birth. I never received one, but have been collecting vintage charm bracelets over the years. I have always loved miniatures, and charm bracelets are perfect for that interest. Now I can start my own charm bracelet collection thanks to Shrinky Dinks, my library of art, and my ever dependable printer.

2 comments:

Nadia (WithGlitteringEyes.blogspot.com) said...

Such sweet designs -- so pretty!

Amanda Perry said...

I am so addicted to Shrinky Dinks! I make bracelets for family for gifts, perfect and inexpensive... Thanks for sharing!