Pages

Friday, April 30, 2010

Global Roaming



Back in the late 80’s I had an album; it may have even been one of my first CD’s, or maybe a cassette tape, I can’t remember which. The title of the album was Cosmic Thing and the band was the B-52’s. There was a song on that album that has stuck with me all these years, it is called Roam. Needless to say it is about traveling with a free spirit. The phrase that stuck with me in that song is roam if you want to, roam around the world and I think it must have had a subliminal effect of my creative side.


This is a travel collection I have designed and I think that maybe somewhere in the recesses of my mind the B-52’s are bopping around in this art. I even remember the album cover having some psychedelic blend of the same colors I used in this collection. Well, coincidence or not, here is my own free-spirited travel collection that I have called Global Roaming.



Since I have designed this collection for the younger crowd, I also prototyped a number of product ideas that might appeal to them. This is one of the collections I have displayed in my show and I wanted to share the ideas here. It is a mix between travel icons and funky patterns targeting that age group that I used to be while bopping around in my first apartment to the B-52’s.

No comments: