Pages

Friday, April 19, 2013

Cruiser Blvd. Pillow

Hello, Brooke here again from Silly Mama Quilts to share my Cruiser Blvd pillow tutorial. The completed pillow is an 18 inches square. This is a fat quarter friendly project with just a bit of yardage for the back. 
First I selected this fun car print for the center. I decided to set my center square on point for something different. My center square is 6.5 inches.
I like sewing strips around the square. My strips for this round are 2 and 2.5 inches.
For the next round, my strips are 2.5 and 3 inches.
Next I sewed a 2.5 inch strip of this adorable stripe around the whole piece. I trimmed 2 opposing sides to 18.5 inches.
Since I was a bit short on one side, I added a 1.5 inch strip to the top of the pillow front.
I used the yellow main print in this line for the back. I cut a piece 18.5 wide. I finished the ends and then overlapped them before sewing the back and front together.
One tip - I like to sew opposing sides; top and bottom and then the sides, so that there is less slippage.
Turn right side out and insert an 18 inch pillow form and you are set to go! Hope you have enjoyed this fun project. See you soon with another tutorial! Happy Sewing!

2 comments:

Sewing Mom said...

Lovely tutorial. Thanks Brooke. You find some of the cutest fabrics!

Velva said...

This is cool!