Pages

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Cruiser Blvd. Burp Cloths

Hello, Brooke here from SillyMamaQuilts with a quick, adorable baby gift project using Sheri’s new Cruiser Blvd fabric line.  I enjoy giving handmade gifts.  Recently I have begun giving burp cloths as shower and new baby gifts.
I selected three prints from this line.
I use chenille on the reverse side. 
I cut fabric 10 x 18.  I pair up the fabric and chenille, right sides together and sew around the outer edge leaving an opening for turning.  I use my walking foot so there is no slippage.
I turn them right side out and then top-stitch around the entire edges to finish them.
Next, I pop them in the washer to prewash them without detergent in a warm wash.  Then onto the dryer.  This helps to fluff them and remove any lint.  I love the look of them rolled up....so adorable!  Such a fun gift to give and to receive!  Enjoy! 

No comments: